The Art of Classical Guitar Volume 2 – A Complete Method (Intermediate)
Format: Digital Download (PDF)
Please Note! This product is in a digital format ONLY (i.e. select, pay, and download the PDF). Hard-copy editions are not available from this site but can be purchased from Amazon (worldwide), Hal Leonard Australia, Sheetmusicplus.com, and Music Park Perth WA.
Regarded as one of the best intermediate level books written for the classical guitar player, this volume progresses immediately on from ACG Vol 1 and takes the student from approximately a 3rd to 5th grade public examination standard. Intended for one-to-one tuition with a teacher (or self-instruction if circumstances require that approach), it is 147 pages complete with comprehensive explanations, performance and practice tips, photos, diagrams, and music theory exercises where the student is introduced to;
- Ascending/descending slur techniques; application in single-line melody
- Various dotted rhythms; application of in solos
- Left-hand half and full-barring techniques; application of in solos
- Expanded scales; left and right hand speed and co-ordination exercises
- Graded approach to reading and playing in higher positions
- Solos and duets in various keys
- Ornamentation; appoggiaturas, grace notes, etc
- A range of beautiful European and Spanish guitar repertoire from all periods, as well as music by well-known contemporary composers like Phillip Houghton, Gary Rutledge, and Peter Altmeier-Mort.
See a Preview of the first 35-pages of this book: